Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Artists review Cellar Door Records Volume III


You’ve read The Rhythm Report’s review of Cellar Door Records Volume III. Now it’s time to hear what the featured artists thought about the album. The Rhythm Report asked a few of the artists which is their favorite song or whom their favorite musicians are on the compilation. This is what they said:



“It’s difficult to pick just one, but Tom Evanchuck is pure talent. His voice and guitar playing have developed so much over the years, and he knows how to write a song. But I’ve also been enjoying Humble Home, Tinamou and David Beans. It’s a great compilation.”
-Rob Geer, The Conductor and The Creator




“'Enough' by Keith Vance. I initially felt guilty choosing this track because it's like picking your brother first for the kickball team. Yet through working with Keith over the past year or so with Division Sound, as well as playing live with him, I've grown a great appreciation for his work ethic. Knowing and being apart of the process that involves Keith writing, recording and mixing all of his own music makes it that much more genuine and passionate.”
-David Beans, solo artist, producer and DJ



“Some of my favorite bands on the CD would definitely be The Lighthouse and The Whaler, and The Modern Electric. Both bands are good friends, and they create great music together. Tinamou's music is very close to my heart as well, for obvious reasons!”
-Anthony Foti, Humble Home, former Tinamou drummer





“That's a hard call. A tie between the Craig Ramsey track and The Lighthouse and The Whaler. I've dug those two bands for some time. Of course, there's a bunch of other stuff on the compilation too, but you made me whittle it down.”
-Joshua Jesty, singer/songwriter




“I was really in to the Tom Evanchuck tune. I think that he is a fantastic singer and songwriter. I also feel like there aren't a lot of younger people playing that kind of music around here.”
-Jeff Sutton, Humble Home




"If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with Humble Home's 'Ghost.' That song is legit, and they killed it at the CD release show! Tom Evanchuck and David Beans come in pretty hot, too! Tom pours his heart into every note and David creates compositions that just blow me away. I like when I hear something that I know I can't come close to pulling off. The album is full of keepers, how dare you make me pick just one!"
-Keith Vance, Division Sound recording engineer and musician


Cellar Door Records Volume III is available at www.cellardoorrecords.com and at Music Saves independent record store in the Waterloo District of Cleveland. Watch Humble Home and Rob Geer perform live at the release party via The Rhythm Report's video page.



Interviews conducted by Priscilla Tasker, editor and creator of The Rhythm Report

No comments:

Post a Comment